I have a serious problem with unfinished projects. If another month had passed, this project would have been added to the pile of the undone.
Awhile back I bought the insides to a reusable planner with plans to make my own cover. I think it cost about $7. Now in early February, this probably costs about $2 if you can find it.
To make the cover, I picked out a favorite sheet of patterned paper and cut it to size. Then I added the 2009 stickers and the sticker strip. I knew the cardstock would not hold up and the stickers would fall off over time, so I decided to use a modgepodge-like sealant on the front and back. After sealing the paper, I glued it to a heftier piece of cardstock for stability. Then I did a little stitching, because a) I love stitching, and b) I thought the cover would hold together better over time.
That's it. Oh, and I punched holes in it and added rings I got from an office supply store. Aside from the drying time, the project took me about an hour and a half.
My January 2009 schedule will be perpetually free, but February is already filling up.